Drug discovery is a design problem. Chemists spend hours each week combining experimental data with their own intuition to design molecules that they believe will be potent against a biological target, absorb well into the body, and be non-toxic. This effort takes years to succeed and costs millions of dollars. Chemical space is vast, and biology is complicated.
At Inductive Bio, our goal is to build software that can dramatically improve how molecules are designed. To do so, we are building a Figma-like platform, backed by state-of-the-art AI, that allows teams to collaborate effectively on this challenging design problem. Ultimately, if we are successful, we believe that this software, combined with the right scientific expertise, can give broad access to technology that can cut years off the time it takes drugs to enter the clinic.
We’ve raised a seed round from a16z, Lux, Character, and other top investors at the intersection of tech and bio, have exciting early traction, and are looking for our next software engineering hire: an entrepreneurial engineer who will join our founding team, help lay the foundation of our technology, and grow with the company.
How you’ll contribute:
- Build responsive and user-friendly software that empower scientists and researchers in their drug discovery efforts.
- Develop both frontend and backend components of our platform.
- Interact directly with our scientific customers to design improvements to the platform.
- Own large parts of the product roadmap.
- Work closely with ML engineers to integrate machine learning models and algorithms into our platform. Ensure that the models can be trained, deployed, and served in a scalable way.
- Help make business and product decisions that will shape the future of the company.
- 2+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Proficiency in modern frontend and backend technologies
- Experience operating, monitoring, and deploying systems using cloud infrastructure
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Interest in diving deep into the science of a drug discovery and the business of a growing startup
Bonus if you have:
- Prior experience in a startup environment
What we offer:
- The opportunity to build software that can accelerate how quickly new drugs reach patients
- A collaborative and innovative startup culture where you'll work closely with other software engineers, machine learning engineers, and chemists
- A chance to be part of a founding team and make a significant impact on our company's growth and success
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
The salary range for this role is $140k-$200k with 0.1%-1.0% equity. Inductive Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Send an email with your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com